SUMMARY OF PRINCIPAL & MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Our Gulf Coasters Crew is responsible for performing a full range of customer service duties, supporting the overall operation of the Experience Department. Primary responsibilities will include greeting and welcoming visitors, answering questions related to visiting Corpus Christi, including Padre & Mustang Islands, maintaining a high-level of enthusiasm and excitement while conducting visitor satisfaction surveys.
The Gulf Coaster will operate primarily in an outdoor setting and will be able to work effectively in extremely hot and cold temperatures as well as adverse weather conditions while maintaining a friendly, helpful and high level of energy for guest interactions no matter the situation.
PAY STATUS: Part-Time, NON-EXEMPT: Semi-monthly, hourly.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Collect Net Promoter Score Surveys to measure visitor sentiment.
- Promote Corpus Christi at a variety of festivals and events
- Develop and promote brand activations at points of interest throughout the city.
- Maintain accurate recording and record-keeping of all visitor engagements.
- Support the development and implementation of social media promotions, campaigns, and giveaways.
- Maintain and operate a golf cart along designated routes to proactively find and engage with visitors.
- Respond to all visitor requests for printed collateral to aid visitors with advance travel planning.
- Provide administrative and research support for the Experience Department to share with Marketing Department.
- Provide administrative support for the Visit Corpus Christi Ambassador Training program, Customer Service program.
- Provide administrative support for the Visit Corpus Christi Volunteer program.
- Provide administrative support for the development of Experience packages.
- Conduct research for special Visitor Experience projects, to complete reports and presentations for both internal and external audiences.
- Communicate and engage with potential and existing visitors daily via email, social media, phone calls and in-person visitors.
- Grow social platforms through daily interactions with existing followers, engaging with targeted hashtag users, and reaching out to potential followers.
- Contact tourism partners to gather targeted information for specific content creation projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
- Outgoing, people-person
- Hospitality and customer service focus
- Knowledge of Corpus Christi area beaches, attractions, shops and restaurants
- Professional image representative of brand image
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings.
- Ability to use Google better than other people.
- Able to anticipate and solve practical problems and resolve issues.
- Able to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Able to look for ways to improve, promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Able to foster a cooperative work environment with co-workers, managers, and external partners.
- Able to espouse high ethical standards and expect the same from all others in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, OneNote
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets computer applications (Excel/Microsoft word skills required)
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Guest/visitor service experience preferred.
- On-the-job training provided.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record.
Equipment to be Used and Operated:
Golf Cart, Telephone; Computer; Copy machine; Postage machine; and Scanner